Friday, January 10, 2014

#865: Gene Latimer


Gene Latimer is one of the central pushers of tachyon products and practices in the US. That’s right. Tachyon energy. According to his website, Tachyon energy products, Latimer has “clearly entered a new phase of accelerated healing and transformation, unlike any other so far. […] I attribute a major role to my incorporation of Tachyon-based products and practices into my life. I am now living in a radically different electromagnetic field environment that appears to be harmonizing the chaotic impact of electrical Alternating Current on the life forms in my house. I seem to be literally changing my body from the inside out, bringing my glands, organs, and skeletal structure to a whole new level of health and vitality. The Subtle Organizing Energy Field (SOEF) of my body, as well as the smaller SOEFs of my internal systems, are being recharged, their energetic deficiencies replenished and balanced – which leads to the revitalization and balancing of my physical and energetic structures.” Anyone bet that he has the faintest clue what he’s talking about? Well, neither does his target group, and Latimer offers to teach you how “specific ways of optimizing health and powerfully boosting the immune system, rejuvenation & ‘youthing’, electromagnetic field protection, pain management and the acceleration of expanding consciousness.” Indeed. And if you actually pay money for that kind of stuff, you deserve an entry in the Encyclopedia as well.

In the real world there is of course no evidence that tachyon energy exists, though woomeisters like Latimer, relying on the new age conception of energy are of course talking about good old vitalism, chi, and so on, by any other name. Tachyon energy bears no discernible relation to the hypothetical tachyon particles in physics, but nevertheless makes ridiculous new age crackpottery sound more scientific if you are completely ignorant.

Diagnosis: Batshit out of touch with anything resembling reality, and devoid of any kind of ability to connect his ideas and imagination to what really happens. Probably harmless.

No comments:

Post a Comment