Thursday, December 15, 2022

#2599: Billye Brim

Billye Brim is a televangelist and end-times preacher and one of the most tireless combatants in her own evangelical wet-dream imaginary battle against the hordes of demons currently plaguing the US. The Women’s March in 2016, for instance, was definitely “driven by demons”; it was was dominated by “the kingdom of darkness” and Brim urged residents of D.C. to “control those demons that were in those women.”

 

And Brim is there to help. For instance, she almost single-handedly took authority over the demons working to prevent Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation in 2018 through an apparently very effective prayer effort against them – apparently God Chuck Grassley and Mitch McConnell gave her the authority to take spiritual control (“Now that is someone in authority giving us authority to pray”), whereupon she firmly went on “telling that devil what he can’t do. I’m taking authority over those demons because the young people down there [Congress], and the leaders, were definitely affected by demons.”

 

When not engaged in combat with demons, Brim is responsible for the Billye Brim Bible Institute, which is an “accredited” online Christian college – she emphasizes “accredited” in all the promotional materials, but it is unclear who or what accredited the … blog, primarily, it seems.

 

She also appeared in the legendarily bizarre movie The Trump Prophecy about self-declared prophet Mark Taylor. Apparently the theme of the movie reflects Brim’s own experiences, e.g. when her otherwise unidentified friend Max, ostensibly an ex-Muslim who converted to Christianity after receiving multiple visitations from Christ, called her in September 2016 to tell her that he had been visited by Jesus “who told him that Donald Trump was going to be president.” Just like that, apparently.

 

She has also written numerous books. On some of them, she’s “Dr. Billye Brim”.

 

Diagnosis: In religious wingnuttery’s competition to be as extreme and insane as possible, Brim is making a fair bid. Her influence beyond those who have already left any trappings of reality far behind is probably limited, however.

7 comments:

  1. This lady deserves to have some nice white padded cell in one of those ("accredited" or not) psychiatric institutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pesky demons are causing all kinds of problems. Just look at Biden and Trump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so-called "thinking" displays all the originality of a Lifetime Christmas movie. Get back to us when you've moved out of your mom's basement.

      Delete
    2. Billye probably thanks God you're an atheist!

      Delete
  3. (A few hours ago I've sent an e-mail to this ol' lady who has the power over demons:

    Dear Mrs. Brim,

    I have an urgent issue with my computer and I will be very glad to hear your advice on this.

    Well, I believe my computer is possessed by demons, and I can not cast them away.

    I'm thinking of buying a few newly released T-rump cards. Those cards are only in digital format and because of that I am convinced that these cards are capable to cast out the ugly demons from my computer.

    I would be very grateful to hear from you about this matter. What should I do and what not to do? To buy or not to buy, that is the question.

    ****

    Thank you very much in advance for your answer!



    Sincerely,
    Gyula Ferenczy

    -----

    For now, I didn't get the answer. If I get one, y'all be informed. Stay tuned!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I proudly announce that I got the answer yesterday (or today - US, EDT).😇



      Here it is:



      Re: New submission from Contact Form


      Billye Brim Ministries


      Dec 19, 2022, 5:36 PM (7 hours ago)




      to me



      Dear Gyula,

      We do not give advice so I would pray and be led. Blessings and Merry Christmas Jan



      From: Billye Brim Ministries

      Sent: Friday, December 16, 2022 5:01 PM

      To: Billye Brim Ministries

      Subject: New submission from Contact Form



      Name

      Gyula Ferenczy

      Email

      . . . . . . . . . . . . .

      Address

      . . . . . . . . . . . . .

      Your Message

      Dear Mrs. Brim,



      I have an urgent issue with my computer and I will be very glad to hear your advice on this.



      Well, I believe my computer is possessed by demons, and I can not cast them away.



      I'm thinking of buying a few newly released T-rump cards. Those cards are only in digital format and because of that I am convinced that these cards are capable to cast out the ugly demons from my computer.



      I would be very grateful to hear from you about this matter. What should I do and what not to do? To buy or not to buy, that is the question.



      ****



      Thank you very much in advance for your answer!







      Sincerely,

      Gyula Ferenczy



      *****



      I must say that I didn`t expect an answer from her (or from some of her coworkers). I think the hidden meaning of this answer is as follows: "Fuck off man!" in a polite way, ofc 😅 If it`s so, I`m glad, cos that means that those religtards still have a couple of brain cells for normal thinking that their god left him in their heads.



      In my e-mail, I forget to mention god, Cheesus, or instead of saying "sincerely" at the end of the letter maybe I should say "God bless!", or something like this... and then I could hope for a more detailed response. Nevermind.



      ****



      Add.



      After sending the above e-mail I visited FSTDT (Fundies Say the Darndest Thing), which I do so many times a day, I found an interesting piece of shi... errr.. comment.



      (ttps://fstdt.com/?q=NIGELTEAPOT



      &



      https://brianniemeier.com/2022/12/the-great-a-i-art-debate/#comment-21666)





      The guy with the nickname NIGELTEAPOT had said:



      "what you perceive as “ai” are just demons infesting computers."



      Some other dude then asks him:



      "What evidence do you have that demons are infesting computers and creating these images? If they were consistently churning out blasphemous or profane images, then I would consider that evidence, but I don’t see any such. Being too eager to jump to the conclusion of demonic activity is rash, and risks making the Faith look ridiculous to those outside."



      And then the answer from Nigel:



      "The Faith IS ridiculous to those outside, God makes the “wisdom” of unworthy men into their foolishness. demons then feed off of it, knowing they can control you with a single laugh from one of their dolls (old word for possessed) if you’re one of them.

      demons have no barriers to possessing non-Humans; the official term for this is “infestation.” demons have been on the internet since the start, unless you don’t think all of the Exorcists warning about specific games and the internet is just silliness.

      Here’s a question: why wouldn’t they and what’s stopping them?

      Also: How do you explain all the evils of the world increasing to untold degrees since tech became a requirement?

      the devil’s century starting in 1917 and mass tech becoming common that same period is not accidental."



      What I want to say is that I never considered that AI could be a Christian "demon" lurking in computers and across the Internet. If this moron is serious with his assertion then this is rather a new moment in so-called "Christian thought".

      ....

      (Once again I'm sorry for my broken Tarzan-like English, you all are smart people /inc. sometimes really witty BP8/ & I hope that you can understand in general what I'm saying/writing)

      Delete
  4. Here's who accredited the Billye Brim Bible Institute.
    https://www.transworldaccrediting.com/

    ReplyDelete