Thursday, February 7, 2013

#410: Charlene Werner


Poor Charlene Werner is an optometrist and homeopath who was brought to instant fame when she tried to explain physics to a (pretty dim) audience of (I suppose) people interested in homeopathy. And indeed, the video of the event constitute the perhaps most stunning display of ignorance and lack of understanding of physics ever recorded. One does get the sense that Werner is dimly aware that she doesn’t quite understand what she is talking about, but – since she clearly belongs to the bottom left quadrant of a Dunning-Kruger graph – she still appears to believe that what she’s saying makes sense. The meatiest parts are presented and discussed here.

And to top it all, we have this.

Diagnosis: Incomparable. Probably pretty harmless (though she is a homeopath).

Of course, Werner isn’t the first homeopath trying to explain physics and in particular the physics behind homeopathy. The results are generally rather peculiar.

4 comments:

  1. While I do not agree with homeopathy, I can say that Charlene Werner has helped me improve my vision. The results are from tests and can't be denied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My right-eye vision has went from 20-80 to 20-30. I am no longer wearing glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have had my vision much improved by her treatment. This article is needlessly mean-spirited.

    ReplyDelete